Guided Street Photography Tours and Photography Holidays in Mosul, Iraq
Capture beautiful images and experience new cultures on a guided photography trip to Mosul, Iraq. Whether you’re a professional photographer, or you’re just getting started, our photography tours are relaxed and designed to introduce you to the best locations for landscape and street photography in Mosul.
From the bustling markets to the intriguing ruins, you’ll take in all the sights that capture the vibrant spirit of this ancient city, and weave them together to tell its story.
Come, experience the generosity and hospitality of the Moslawis (local people). Discover their resilience and feel the expectant hope for the future, all while honing your photography skills.
Des Clark worked in Iraq for a humanitarian NGO when ISIS controlled much of the country, including the second largest city in Iraq, Mosul.
“I drove around the city just after the fighting finished in July 2017, when there were virtually no other cars on the road – hard to believe now! Since then, I’ve visited the country many times, and especially the city of Mosul which continues to hold a special place for me.”
For 16 years Des ran mountaineering company guiding trips in the South American Andes, European Alps, Moroccan Atlas and beyond. Check out more of Des’s photography work on his website.
UPCOMING PHOTOGRAPHY TRIPS
We are currently filling spots for 2 custom tours
- 7 nights in a B&B 3-star hotel accommodation. Twin room sharing (for a private room add €200).
- 2 dinners (First day and last day).
- Private group transport from Baghdad airport to Mosul on arrival.
- Private group transport from Mosul to Erbil airport at the end of our stay
- Private transport to and from Sulaymaniyah (for 2 – 9 March 2024 trip).
- City orientation and keynote presentation by Des Clark.
- Local guides, where required, for logistical assistance and cultural insights.
- Private presentations by local photographers.
- Daily photo walks.
- Private group transport to destinations outside of walking distance.
- Guidance on visa process.
- Clearance through all security checkpoints.
- Pre-trip Zoom meeting for introduction and orientation.
- International flights to Baghdad / from Erbil.
- Iraqi visa fees ($77 USD).
- All lunches.
- Dinners other than the first and last days.
- Travel / medical insurance (mandatory).
- Private room accommodations, + €200